(They leap into their act – Henry playing the bones and Cole dancing. They sing in harmony.)
Both: Five can’t ketch me
And ten can’t hold me,
Ho,...
Round the corn, Sally!
Round the corn, round the corn,
Round the corn Sally!
Ho, ho, ho, round the corn Sally!
Here’s your iggle-quarter
And here’s your count-aquils,
Ho... (etc.)
I can bank, ‘ginny bank,
‘ginny bank the weaver,
Ho... (etc.)
Scene Two
(Later. Henry and Cole are trying to remove their make-up in the back of a moving coach. Cole gives up with the job only half-done.)
Henry: Get it all off. Will you?
Cole: What. It’s mostly off.
Henry: Get it all off.
Cole: Are we going to be in the presence of a lady? (He’s laughing.) Land sakes Henry. Wasn’t even worth putting on in the first place.
Henry: There was that kid.
Cole: He threw an egg!
Henry: Yeah and you caught it. We’re putting food on the table.
Cole: Optimist.
Henry: It gets me by.
...
Cole: I keep meaning to ask you Henry: What is this package you bear so delicately by your side?
(the banjo, wrapped)
Henry: I’ll show you.
(Cole tries to grab it.)
Not now, not now! I’m serious! Everything its own time. Could I just – ple
1 comment:
Somehow it got cut off. These two ride the rest of the way in disgruntled silence. And then the next scene starts in the Wilberforce Hotel with Austin Steward talking with his friend William about the mail from London and their problems with the colony...
Post a Comment