Footnote/postscript to the Company post, below: 'The Wooden O' isn't really anyone's term for the banjo except my own. I stole it from a term of affection for Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, from the 16th Century. Just to give credit where credit is due. I imagine the Wooden O in the picture is the one in the centre rather than the one on the left, since the one in the centre has more people hanging around the entrance (perhaps for a smoke?) Whereas the building on the left overlooks 3 people trying to
Friday, February 11, 2005
The Real Wooden O
Footnote/postscript to the Company post, below: 'The Wooden O' isn't really anyone's term for the banjo except my own. I stole it from a term of affection for Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, from the 16th Century. Just to give credit where credit is due. I imagine the Wooden O in the picture is the one in the centre rather than the one on the left, since the one in the centre has more people hanging around the entrance (perhaps for a smoke?) Whereas the building on the left overlooks 3 people trying to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
postscript to the footnote: the names are written above the buildings: The Globe above the centre one and 'The Bear Garden' above the one on the left. They're too small to see in my post.
Post a Comment