Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm Back On


The above is an image by photographer Tim Davis, to be put in the Banjo Banjart file, wherever that may be. Looks to me like a banjo trying to break free from the inside of a guitar, which, not surprisingly I suppose, reminds me of a joke.

John Millard was asked once from the audience of a concert he was giving why he played banjo instead of guitar. One has to question the motive of a question like that, no?

He answered in his droll, understated way that he wished he had a guitar with him onstage. He felt that if he had a guitar with him onstage he'd be able to put it down right there in the centre and take a shit in it.

I think that's hilarious. My apologies though to Tim Davis for matching his ethereal image with such an earthy anecdote.

No comments: