Sunday, June 05, 2005

Net Troubles


So the people write and tell me I don't post enough and now I'm signing on at a web cafe with the excuse that the phone-man came to our house the other day and as soon as he touches the phone the internet stops working, though of course we don't discover it till he's gone, and he can't come back for a week because they're sort of quietly on strike or something, so then you get them on the phone and yell at them and then they email you what they sincerely seem to believe are helpful lessons on the mysterious workings of the internet - yes ladies and gentlemen: Bell Sympatico does this, over and over again (if you complain to them about the email, they will respond, yes, by sending you the email again, this time signed by a different name while they investigate your claim that the last guy was harrassing you with his emails - oh the endless, endless stupidity!) And to cap it all, you're stuck reading all this junk while paying for your time in the web cafe b/c the bell technicians don't know their way around the wiring!

Phew! So that's my current excuse and my mea culpa. When I get back online I plan to write again about banjos and the Czech Republic, in honour of the fact that my in-laws have returned to the beautiful city of Prague for the summer. Good night.

No comments: